Wednesday, August 16, 2017

All About Numbers: Book & Puzzles

Well, it's been awhile guys. As always, I apologize!! I had big plans to create tons of resources over the summer and update the blog, but obviously that didn't happen. Hope you all had a wonderful summer! I have actually been back to work since mid-July!! Don't feel too bad for me because at the end of September I will get a two week fall break! WOO!

Now that I'm back in the classroom I've been inspired to make some new stuff to share with you! As an Interventionist I work with students both for Reading and Math. I work with first graders right now and my main goal is to strengthen their skills in number sense. We are working on identifying, writing, counting, comparing and composing/decomposing to 20.

To start each group, I like to do a warm-up or number of the day activity. I have used several in the past that I have liked but there was always something missing or activities I didn't like so I decided to make my own. I introduced it this week and the kids are really enjoying it.

Each student gets their own numbers book:


Each page focuses on one number starting with one and going through twenty. Students trace the number and number word and try to write it on their own. They have to determine what numbers come next and fill in a ten frame. They are asked to draw a certain number of shapes, circle fingers and find all the numbers. 

 




 In addition to a student book, I created some fun number puzzles. Students are asked to match a number with the word, a ten frame and correct number of bears. Today we worked together to complete the puzzles up to ten. In a couple weeks we will do them all the way to twenty!







Please click on the picture below to check out this product in my TpT store! First three people to comment with their email will get a free copy!!



3 comments:

LynnIvy said...

I would love this for my kiddos! Lynn.rubin23@gmail.com

MRohrbaugh said...

This looks awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! Hope I will get this for my kindergarten kiddos!! Maribeth mrohrbaugh@highlandschools.org

Anonymous said...

I am also teaching a K/1 class and would love to use the number book idea with them.
b.roberts35@gmail.com
Beatrice