Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Last week of school!

Well, it's the last week of school. I can hardly believe it. This year has flown by! My little kinder babies are ready for 1st grade! I am so lucky to be able to have them for another year as my school does looping (teachers stay with the same class for 2 years). I have really enjoyed kinder this year, but I am SO excited to be teaching 1st grade again! WOO!

Now, I have to be honest - I was not the most prepared teacher this week as my summer-brain has kicked in. I have pretty much been wingin' it since Monday. :) Don't worry, there is still a lot of learning going on...just a lot more relaaaaaxed learning. It is nice to get away from the routine and we have been doing a lot of fun writing these past couple of weeks!

One of the things I love to ask my kids is what they want to be when they grow up. I have wanted to be a teacher since before I was their age! So I'm always interested to hear what they want to be! I was happy to hear from a few kiddos that they too want to be teachers along with MANY other fabulous choices! Today in writing they got to draw and write about their future careers. I thought I would share a few so ENJOY!



I was a firefighter. I will put water on a house.


When I grow up I want to be a dentist and a teacher too because I like to do people's teeth and work. (quite a combo I think! haha)


I will be a doctor. I want to help people so they can get better.


When I grow up I want to be a cowgirl.


I want to be when I grow up is a doctor.


I would like to be a ballerina.

And probably my favorite...


SPIDERMAN! :)



No comments: