Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back to School!

I can't believe the first week is over and the second one starts tomorrow! I am exhausted but excited about this upcoming year! I wanted to share some of the activities we did this week. As I told you in my last post, my classroom is ocean themed this year. The kids loved the new look! I wanted to have them do some fun ocean activities so on our first day, we started with a handprint ocean mural for our hallway display. I let the kids choose an ocean animal and use their hands to create it. It turned out pretty cute! 



While I asked a couple kids at a time to add their handprint, the rest of the class was writing about what they would do if they lived in the ocean. Here are a few examples:



(I would be a mermaid)


(I would catch 8 fish)


(I would be happy)


(I would have a pet whale)


(I would be in a bubble)


On our second day of school, I gave the kids an outline of a fish and torn up pieces of construction paper to decorate the fish. They cut them out and I put them on our bulletin board. 



On Friday, I introduced "Star Student" of the week. Every Friday I will send home a letter and sheet for one student to fill out. They will be the star student for the next week. They can bring toys/books to share with the class along with pictures. I will display their pictures on a small board that I made on our door. 


On Friday I did myself as the first example. I filled out the student of the week sheet and the kids wrote and drew about me. 



(she is a super nice teacher)


(she is the best)


(she is a beautiful teacher)


(she is nice and she is good at teaching)


(I love you)

My goal is to try and blog every Sunday about the previous week. We shall see how it goes! :) If you liked some of the activities I shared, check out my ocean theme classroom packet by clicking on the picture below! 



No comments: