Wednesday, January 21, 2009

inauguration fun! :)

I have to say, watching this history-making inauguration with my kiddos was truly awesome. I have to give them credit for sitting there for almost an hour without getting overly loud. (Imagine sixty-four 5, 6 and 7 year olds sitting on the floor of a classroom, being asked to be silent and not fidget, watching a man talk while using big words and ideas they don't understand) Even though they didn't understand everything that was going on, I think they all realized what a monumental day this was. I think my favorite part was after watching Obama get sworn in, a girl looks up at me and asks,"So did he just get the keys to the White House?" :)

Fortunately for me, stuff like that keeps me going when I feel like I can't go on. I am so thankful I am feeling like a champ in the classroom - I'm drowning outside of the classroom. Progress reports are due Friday and let's just say I'm not near finished. :(

I'm going to bed though because I can barely keep my eyes open....nighty night!

1 comment:

Freckles said...

I love you, Twin! Sounds like you are having tons of fun with your kiddos :)