Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Year Fun!

I'm so sorry I have been MIA for the past month. I decided to take a break from blogging. I have just been exhausted lately. It was SUPER hard for me to get back into the school mode. I'm still dragging a bit, but I'm making it. MLK Day yesterday sure did help! :)

I'm hoping to get caught up and share with you what's been going on in my classroom! I'm going to skip over holiday stuff (too much to share!) and share New Year's activities with you. Please check out my New Year's unit if you are interested!

Our first week back we talked about how we were in a new year, 2013! We learned what a resolution was and that sometimes people make goals for themselves at the beginning of a new year. I had the kids brainstorm ideas for resolutions which they drew or wrote about in their balloons.



 


Next I had them choose one resolution, illustrate it and write it down:

 

(help my little sister learn to read)              (being a nice friend, that's my resolution) 

 

                  (take more care of my fish)                              (exercise)


 Later in the week, the kids worked on a craft where they illustrated their face and decorated a party hat. Below their face, they wrote one new year's resolution. It made a super cute bulletin board!

 


 

 



 For our last activity, I had the kids think about a resolution they wanted to make just for school. We came up with different ideas and then I let the kids choose one to illustrate. They wrote their goal and how they would reach their goal.

  

            (listening; listen to the teacher)                              (reading; practice)


(reading my spelling words; practice)

If you liked these activities, please check out my New Year's unit by clicking on the picture below! 



No comments: