Monday, November 19, 2012

Stuffed with Thankful Thoughts


 I decided to join the linky party from A Year of Many "Firsts that's all about thankful thoughts! I've had no trouble coming up with the many, many things I am thankful for in my life.

First, I am so thankful for my family who have always been there for me. Here is a picture of my precious parents. Aren't they cute? :)


  

I am also so thankful for my "little brother." He is all grown up and living in New Orleans working as an engineer. He graduated in May from Oklahoma State with his long-time girlfriend (who is now his fiancee!!). I am so excited to get a new sister in the near future!



I am also very thankful for my two best friends (Sarah and Allison), who are really like my sisters.I met them both in college at Southwestern University and we have been inseparable ever since. They are both married now and I was so blessed to be a part of both of their weddings.


I am so thankful to have a job where I work with close friends. Every day I get to see these smiling, beautiful faces. My team, Amanda, Kristi and Sam, support me and challenge me to be the best teacher I can be!I love to hang out with all of them outside of school. How rare is that? 

 



Finally I am thankful for my job. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was four years old. Every day I thank God for giving me a passion for teaching. It's one of the hardest jobs in the world, but also the most rewarding. What other job requires you to be a teacher, a counselor, a doctor, a parent, a guide, a leader, a learner....and much more. Plus, you get to go on awesome field trips and dress up like a firefighter....



Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is an amazing list and am excited to be on it! I am so thankful for you too!! :)