Wednesday, June 3, 2009

one more day...

my goodness, this year has been quite the ride. 


Istarted my year off nervous, but excited.

I had 16 crazy kids from the start.
..had no clue what i was doing.
..lost a kid. (not literally...they withdrew haha!)
...gained a kid (an angel....she's absolutely wonderful!)
...lost another kid (not too sad about that one leaving...heh!)
...gained 2 more (both wonderful)
...made a kid cry.
...made a kid smile.
...made the whole class laugh.
...survived study trips, class parties and picture days.
...felt frustrated with negativity.
...felt furstated with lack of communication.
...just felt furstrated for no reason.
...was blessed by teammates.
...scrambled together lessons at the last minute when others blew up in my face
...beamed proudly as my kids got better and better in reading
...became exasperated with parents from my classroom
...was ever so grateful for others
...limped for a week after tripping over a kid and spraining my foot (still hurts a little!)
...yelled a lot.
...cried a lot.
...laughed even more.
...ignored 8,972 tantrums
...hugged, comforted and wiped away many tears 
...sang songs in an effort to yell less
...had a dance party
...dominated at field day ;-)
...watched my parents interact with my students
...read 1,000,000 picture books to sweet, entranced faces
...felt more exhausted than i have ever felt in my entire life....
....and felt even more assured i'm doing what God wants me to do.


what a wonderful year....i can't wait for the next one! i'm no longer a newbie!!! :) 



what a learning year...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you are feeling affirmed in your chosen career!!! The next year will be even better!!!