Sunday, February 15, 2009

my prayer

"Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

Father, I pray for our country. For your peace and love to replace fear and distrust, your generosity and hope to replace greed and despair, your kindness and mercy to replace maliciousness and injustice.

Father, I pray for our schools. That your hand would be on those making decisions that affect each and every educator, child and parent. That you would give those in leadership wisdom and discernment on what is best for each and every child. That you would give strength to teachers who are feeling burned out and uncertain of how to go on. Give them faith in their ability. Give them faith in education. Give them faith in their students.

Father, I pray for my school. That you would bring peace and cooperation to our campus. That you would wipe out all negativity - all gossip, all fear, all distrust. It has no place here. Lord, fill it with hope and a new desire to serve our students and serve each other. You have blessed my school with many, many AMAZING teachers. Help them to see their many strengths and to use them to their fullest ability. Give them encouragement Lord when they feel downcast. Give them hope and faith in the future. Heal wounds between colleagues. Grow new friendships Lord. Thank you for blessing me with this job. Help me to be an encouragement to those I work with.

Father, I pray for my students. I pray you continue to help them grow not only as students but as human beings. Help them learn respect, love, honesty, kindness in addition to math, science reading...Help me to model all these behaviors for them. Help me love them as you love them. Pour your love through me onto them Lord. I thank you for each of my students.

No comments: