Wednesday, December 10, 2008

you look weird

i think one of my favorite things about teaching the young kiddos is they are just so funny. and they just pay attention the funniest things. for example, if i change my apperance in the slightest of ways, they definitely take notice. like on monday, i started wearing my contacts again after a month or so hiatus (my contacts couldn't take the exhaustion of my eyes) and i bumped into one of my first graders in the morning when we were getting ready for the day. she looked at me and said, "Ms. Cavett, I think you need your glasses." Another one piped in, "Yeah. Plus you look different." I said, "Weird different?" "YEAH!" they replied. Then on Tuesday I wore a blue hat and was greeted by one of my 1st grade boys who said, "You look weird." Then later that day on the bus after a field trip I was doing riddles with my kids and one kindergarten girl said, "What's big and strong and wears a hat?" "Me?" I replied. "YES!"

Of course, I get AT LEAST one "Ms. Cavett, you are beautiful" each day, so that balances out the "you're weird looking" commets. :) these kids sure do know how to boost your self-esteem!

No comments: